Dear MAB Parent,
This year each of our classrooms will have its own, private Facebook group page which can be accessed through our website. The goal is to allow teachers to share class information in a quick and effective way through pictures, newsletters and other media. Your classroom group is private. Each parent must be approved to join the group by the classroom teacher (group administrator). Classroom group pages can only be joined by parents with a child in a specific classroom.
By joining the group, you do not have to be “Friends” with the group administrator or other group members. Further, other members of the class group can only see your personal Facebook information as set by your Facebook privacy settings.
This group is intended for classroom and school use only. Please refrain from posting any personal information about you or your child. Parent concerns or specific questions about your child should be communicated privately to the teacher or head of school via telephone or email. The site is monitored at all times by the teacher and the head of school. Parents who violate the confidentiality of a child or any other member of the group, or post negative or derogatory comments will be removed from the group. MAB reserves the right to remove any parent from the group for any reason without notice.
To join follow these simple instructions. You must have an existing Facebook account to proceed:
- Click on your child’s classroom teacher’s name from the menu below.
- If not already logged into Facebook, you will be prompted to login now. Once logged in you will be directed to the group.
- Click “Join group” in the upper right corner of the screen. This will send a request to the teacher/group administrator to add you to the group.
- Once the group administrator has added you as a member, you will be able to access the group.
- For more information on Facebook Groups, click here.