Dear MAB Parent,
Each classroom at the Montessori Academy has its own private Facebook Group. Our teachers use these classroom groups to share class information in a quick and effective way through pictures, videos, newsletters and other media. The classroom groups offer parents a unique opportunity to participate in your child’s experience. Your classroom group is private. Each parent must be approved to join the group by the classroom teacher (group administrator). Classroom group pages can only be joined by parents with a child in a specific classroom. We strongly encourage parents to sign up.
By joining the group, you do not have to be “Friends” with the group administrator or other group members. Further, other members of the class group can only see your personal Facebook information as set by your Facebook privacy settings.
This group is intended for classroom and school use only. Please refrain from posting any personal information about you or your child. Parent concerns or specific questions about your child should be communicated privately to the teacher or head of school via telephone or email. Likewise, questions regarding school operation should be directed to the Head of School. The site is monitored at all times by the teacher and the head of school. Parents who violate the confidentiality of a child or any other member of the group, or post negative. inflammatory or derogatory comments will be removed from the group. MAB reserves the right to remove any parent from the group for any reason without notice.
To join follow these simple instructions. You must have an existing Facebook account to proceed:
- Click on your child’s classroom teacher’s name from the menu below.
- If not already logged into Facebook, you will be prompted to login now. Once logged in you will be directed to the group.
- Click “Join group” in the upper right corner of the screen. This will send a request to the teacher/group administrator to add you to the group.
- Once the group administrator has added you as a member, you will be able to access the group.
- For more information on Facebook Groups, click here.